People often like to watch their favorite TV shows and movies on streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime and HBO GO. Now another streaming service will be added to that list and its called Disney Plus (or Disney+ to most).
Disney has announced this plan in 2017 and a year later the name of the streaming service came along. This new video on-demand service will include some classic films such as The Lion King, The Little Mermaid and Bambi.
Along with some of the classic tales, Disney is also planning on adding original TV series to the platform. Some of which will include franchises like Star Wars, Marvel and Pixar. These are some examples of original series coming this fall, according to Variety.com:
- The Mandalorian: First ever live-action Star Wars series. Cast includes Pedro Pascal, Gina Carano, Carl Weathers, Giancarlo Esposito, Emily Swallow, Omid Abtahi, Werner Herzog and Nick Nolte. Set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order, the series follows a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic. Dave Filoni (“Star Wars: The Clone Wars”) directs the premiere episode.
- High School Musical: The Musical: The Series: 10-episode scripted show set at the real-life East High, where the original movie was filmed, follows a group of students as they count down to opening night of their school’s first production of “HSM,” the Disney Channel original movie from 15 years ago.
- Diary of a Female President: Follows a Cuban-American 12-year-old girl, as told through her diary, as she navigates the ups and downs of middle school and her journey to becoming the future president of the U.S. Gina Rodriguez (“Jane the Virgin”) and Emily Gipson (“I Can and I Will”) executive produce along with Ilana Peña (“Crazy Ex-Girlfriend”).
- The Falcon and The Winter Soldier: Anthony Mackie will return as Falcon and Sebastian Stan will reprise his role as Winter Soldier in this new Marvel Studios series.
- Forky Asks a Question: Forky, the animated utensil from Disney-Pixar’s “Toy Story 4,” is a craft project created from trash, so he has important questions about how the world works, such as: What is love? What is time? And of course, the deepest question of all, What is cheese? He explores all of these questions and more in a series of 10 shorts.
- SparkShorts: Pixar Animation Studios short film series designed to discover new storytellers and explore new storytelling techniques from across the studio.
Other shows are currently in the works, but planned to appear on Disney+. For instance, a series of the romantic-comedy movie Love, Simon is coming. In addition, a Marvel show of Jeremy Renner’s Hawkeye is also on its way.
Netflix and the other streaming services may have some competition coming their way. People will be charged $6.99 a month to subscribe to the new streaming service.
For those who wish add another subscription to their list, Disney+ will be coming on Nov. 12, 2019.
“Featured Image via ComicBook.com”